- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Relationships and Communication
- Work and Career
Dr. Savela and an internationally recognized psychologist have published on more effectively applying psychotherapy theory to research.
Dr. Allie Savela
I help people to understand how experiences and relationships in the past shape the present and influence beliefs about the future. I add to that a passion for multiculturalism and social justice, which drives my view that each of us has a unique story to tell and struggles to address.
The heart of what I do is build warm, safe, and supportive therapeutic relationships with my clients. My aim is to provide the same for you, should we work together, to help you feel better and make progress.
I seek to foster an environment of collaboration, compassion, and curiosity with each person I work with in therapy.Allie Savela, Ph.D. Therapist DC
I’m a total therapy nerd. By that I mean I am grateful for the opportunity to work with people every day who are looking to make change in their lives.
That change can centers on healthier connections with others, finding and developing a more meaningful work life, or coming to display more kindness and compassion for themselves. Most often it’s a combination of all three.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- B.A. in Psychology from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities