- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Depression and Sadness
- Anxiety and Stress
- LGBT and Sexual Orientation
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Joseph has presented her research at many national conventions of the American Psychological Association and has been recognized for her excellence in Clinical Psychology.
Dr. Emilie Joseph
My goal is to help you bring as much of yourself into our work together – including your social/cultural identities, personal experiences, emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. We will non-judgementally and curiously examine everything that makes you who you are.
I assist my clients to foster a better understanding of themselves and the broader communities and systems with which they interact.
I love to empower people to define those identities and values most important for themselves in the service of living personally fulfilling lives.Emilie Joseph, Ph.D. Therapist DC
Therapy is powerful, healing, and transformative. I am honored to have helped many people get through difficult times and to be even better than they were before they started having trouble.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Professional Psychology at Loyola University Maryland Counseling Center
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Rhode Island
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at Towson University Counseling Center
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology from the Virginia State University
- B.S. in Psychology from the University of Richmond