- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Brisson is the past chair of the Maryland Psychological Association of Graduate Students and has focused much of her training on diversity and multiculturalism.
Dr. Leanna Brisson
Psychology Associate | Postdoctoral Fellow
First and foremost I work to understand you and to explore what is essential to who you are and would like to become. As we go deeper, we’ll consider all the cultural, social, and interpersonal factors that contribute to how you see the world and develop your life within it.
Through our work, you’ll experience compassion and recognition of your inherent worth.
I'm inspired by those who are willing to be curious and show up to do the work that therapy requires of them. Sometimes it’s fun. Sometimes it’s frustrating, sad, or a bunch of different emotions. In the end, it’s always worth it to understand the process behind the whole picture and gain the opportunity to learn about ourselves.Leanna Brisson, Psy.D. Therapist DC
I feel so grateful to call this my life profession. There is always something more to know, and I continually get to know clients and colleagues from different life experiences and backgrounds, which is truly incredible to experience.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Loyola University Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. in Psychology from the Stony Brook University
- B.A. in Psychology from the Wilkes University