- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Relationships and Communication
- Sexuality and Intimacy
Dr. Marfori is a passionate champion of LGBTQ health and a member of the Society for Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychology.
Dr. Shelley Marfori
Psychology Associate | Postdoctoral Fellow
I believe that connection and a sense of belonging is one of the most important things that people can have in life. Together, we will make space where you can speak openly and honestly about the struggles that bring you to seek help and assistance.
Through therapy, my hope is that you’ll learn a new style of relating to others and can heal wounds that you might not have known even existed. Together we’ll face moments of pain and celebrate times of triumph and personal growth.
Working together I'll help facilitate growth and healing that you might not otherwise discover on your ownShelley Marfori, Ph.D. Therapist DC
Bad things happen to most people but the ability to overcome these hardships is a remarkable thing. I can’t think of another job that would be more meaningful and worthwhile where I get to be part of that growth.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the George Washington University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Graduate Certificate in LGBTQ Health from the George Washington University
- M.Psy. in Clinical Psychology from the George Washington University
- B.A. in Psychology from the University of South Carolina