Early 2019 Opening: Early or Mid Career Psychologist, Washington DC
We’re seeking a warm, collegial, and forward-thinking psychologist who aims to establish and grow a long-term, full-time career with us.
- Develop rewarding, long-term therapeutic relationships with motivated, psychologically aware clients.
- Focus time and energy on your real passion for providing therapy and developing your skills as a clinician.
- Provide psychotherapy mainly to individuals, but have opportunities to work with couples and groups.
- Full time (30 direct clinical hours per week).
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Excellent therapeutic rapport building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong orientation for collegiality and contributing to a growing team of therapists striving to change mental health care practice.
- Keen interest in utilizing technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Completion of a Pre-Doctoral Internship at an APA-accredited internship site.
- Active license/license-eligible to practice psychology in the District of Columbia.
- Must have an interest in and experience working with gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender clients.
What Makes Our Practice a Great Place to Work:
- Our mission is to bring the benefits of psychotherapy to many. We recognize that psychotherapy and mental illnesses are still stigmatized. We aim to change people’s perceptions.
- Reward your inner nerd. We recognize the value in your years of education and training. We provide highly competitive compensation — including health care coverage and 401k matching — for your nerdy ways.
- Feed your altruistic side. We’ve invested in developing innovative lower fee opportunities in DC to systemically offer therapy to even more people.
- Give back to our community and our profession. Help us to establish and grow our lower fee training institute. You’ll have opportunities to supervise, teach, and train tomorrow’s psychologists.
- We’re shrinks/innovators. Be part of a progressive practice that seeks to innovate and utilize cutting-edge technology to enhance the way we do therapy.
Review this opportunity and begin your application with us here.