Paying for therapy shouldn’t be a confusing hassle.
Here’s what you should know.
- Like most therapists in DC, we are a fee-for-service practice.
- That means you pay for each session with your choice of credit card, health saving account (HSA), check, or cash. We then take over on the complicated stuff.
- If you have out-of-network insurance coverage (for example, a PPO insurance plan) we leverage technology rarely utilized by therapists in DC. We will take your payment and turn it into an electronic request for out-of-network reimbursement for you.
- After you have met your annual deductible, your insurance company will mail a check directly to you. Most of our patients are reimbursed 50-80% of our fees if they have out-of-network coverage.
- If you have an HMO type plan your insurance company will not reimburse you for our fees. To use benefits associated with HMO plans you need to seek treatment from an in-network provider. (We are not in-network with any insurance companies.)
- If you have questions about your out-of-network mental health care coverage, please contact your insurance provider for clarification. They will not share any information with us about your policy.
Our Fees Are Average For DC
As of 2018, Individual Therapy In DC Averages $210 Per Session. Couples Therapy Averages $244.
The exact fee you’d pay varies based on who you work with in our practice but, in most instances, it will be close to the average for DC. Like most therapists in DC, we do not directly take insurance. However, the vast majority of our patients are reimbursed 50-80% of our fees when using their out-of-network insurance benefits.
We Know Therapy Isn't Cheap
Your Investment and Commitment is Valued.
We’re mindful that therapy is a significant investment, and we highly regard the time, energy, focus, and money that you devote to therapy with us. Out of respect for you and your commitment, we take our work seriously and hold ourselves to an exceedingly high standard.
We Minimize the Paperwork Hassle
We Take Care of the Out-of-Network Reimbursement Paperwork For You.
In a nutshell, we electronically file all the necessary paperwork with your insurance company, so you don’t have to hassle with out-of-network forms, which are a complicated pain. This method works 99% of the time. When it doesn’t, we’ll provide you with the paperwork that you’ll need to file with your insurance company.