Paying for therapy shouldn’t be a confusing hassle.
If you’re eligible for insurance reimbursement, we make that process easy for you.
- We leverage technology not utilized by many therapists in Washington, DC. We’ll turn your payment into an expedited electronic request for out-of-network reimbursement.
- After you’ve met your annual deductible, your insurance company will directly reimburse you for the amount they cover.
We’re a fee-for-service, out-of-network practice, so here’s how you check if you’re eligible for insurance reimbursement.
- 1. Contact Your Insurance Company – Find their phone number on your insurance card.
- 2. See If You Have Out-Of-Network Benefits – Ask if your plan includes out-of-network benefits for mental health care.
- 3. Ask If You Have a Deductible Before Coverage Starts – Ask what your out-of-network mental health services deductible is and what amount you’ll have to pay out of pocket before your policy starts to reimburse you.
- 4. Find Out How Much Your Plan Will Reimburse – Ask your policy’s maximum allowed amount for the mental health service code 90834 and what percentage your policy pays. Ask for that percentage for a psychologist and master level therapist (social worker, professional counselor, etc.).
- 5. Use This Information To Understand What Therapy Will Cost You – The percent of the maximum allowed is what you’d receive as a reimbursement after you have met your deductible for the year.
Note that HMO plans, TRICARE, Medicare, and Medicaid do not reimburse for out-of-network mental health costs.
Our Fees Are Average For DC
As of 2023, Individual Therapy In DC Averages $235 Per Session. Couples Therapy Averages $295.
The exact fee you’d pay varies based on who you work with at our practice, but, in most instances, it will be close to the average for DC. Like most therapists in DC, we do not directly take insurance. However, most of our patients are reimbursed 50-80% of our fees when using their out-of-network insurance benefits.
We Know Therapy Isn't Cheap
Your Investment and Commitment is Valued.
We’re mindful that therapy is a significant investment, and we highly regard the time, energy, focus, and money you devote to therapy with us. Out of respect for you and your commitment, we take our work seriously and hold ourselves to an exceedingly high standard.
We Minimize the Paperwork Hassle
We Take Care of the Out-of-Network Reimbursement Paperwork For You.
We electronically file all the necessary paperwork with your insurance company, so you don’t have to hassle with out-of-network forms, which are a complicated pain. This method works 99% of the time. We’ll provide you with the paperwork you’ll need to file with your insurance company when it doesn’t.