- Depression and Sadness
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
- Sexual Orientation
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Work and Career
Dr. Morrison has published several research studies on increasing the effectiveness psychotherapy training and better understanding people’s academic and career decision-making process.
Dr. Ashley Morrison
I focus on people’s internal (thoughts and feelings) and external (environment, relationships, and behaviors) world to help them identify and better understand themselves and the patterns in which they engage. I focus on deep, honest exploration and insight.
My approach is to build and sustain a positive, warm, and trusting relationship. This provides a foundation of support, encouragement, and connection that I’ve found is key to making lasting change that improves people’s lives and well-being.
My aim as a therapist is to support people's goals and foster pathways towards improved lives, careers, and relationships.Ashley Morrison, Ph.D. Therapist DC
Being a therapist is deeply meaningful to me. I look forward to getting to know and connect with you as we work together towards your goals and who you wish to become.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of Saint Thomas
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- M.S. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Georgia
- B.S. in Psychology from the University of Tennessee