- Anxiety and Stress
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Relationships and Communication
- LGBT and Sexual Orientation
Before joining us, Dr. Bergfeld worked in one of the largest college counseling centers in the US, community mental health settings, and in private practice.
Dr. Jeannette Bergfeld
My goal is to help you to leverage your strengths and to understand better the many life experiences that make you who you are. I believe in being flexible in how I work to help you so that you feel heard and I can best meet your needs.
I love being a therapist and using my passion for psychology to change confusion and distress to clarity, connections, and strength. My hope is that you’ll feel supported, challenged, and hopeful as we work together to help you to feel and do better.
I come from a place of deeply respecting differences. Each of us is made up of many facets, and your many sides shape your struggles and your hopes. We'll work to understand them all.Jeannette Bergfeld, Psy.D. Therapist DC
Being a therapist is a life-long dream. I look forward to knowing you, assisting you to better know yourself, and using that knowledge to improve your relationships and life.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Psychology at the University of California at Berkeley
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of San Francisco
- B.A. in Psychology from the American University