- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Women’s Issues
Dr. Herron is a member of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Laura Herron
I’m supportive, authentic, and warm. We would work together to make small changes that add up to big differences in your life. I emphasize personal growth and a greater capacity to live meaningfully and in line with your values.
My hope is that you will gain insight, self-compassion, clarity about your needs and how to meet them in an ongoing way.Laura Herron, Ph.D. Therapist DC
As your therapist, I’d help you to feel more knowledgeable about yourself, and better able to handle life’s challenges. We’ll problem-solve, collaborating to identify goals and creating a plan to achieve them, including offering tools, support and insight.
I love to listen to and support others. It’s wonderful when I see that those who I’ve helped to feel better — more grounded, accepting, and empowered.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the American University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the Catholic University of America
- M.A. in Psychology from the American University
- B.A. in American Studies (Minor: Psychology) from Barnard College