- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
- LGBT and Sexual Orientation
- Sexuality and Intimacy
Dr. Matthew FitzGerald, a therapist in DC, served on the Board of Directors of the American Psychological Association and was elected as the National Chair of the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students.
Dr. Matthew FitzGerald
As your therapist, I want to help you live a life that is consistent with your deeply held values, where each moment and each action takes you closer to your goals.
Together, we will explore how your personal history and brain interact to influence how you think, feel, and act. With that knowledge, I will work with you to fit the appropriate treatment to your needs.
Life can be difficult at times, but it doesn’t need to stay that way. Therapy can help to move you forward towards the life you want to live.Matthew FitzGerald, Psy.D. Therapist DC
It is my hope that through our work together you will grow in your capacity for success, your tolerance for a challenge, and your appreciation of what is right in front of you. Together we can explore not only what is challenging, but also help you see the strength and resilience within yourself. In short, I want you to thrive.
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from Loyola University Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Psychology Internship at the University of Delaware
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology from Loyola University Maryland
- M.A. in General Psychology from The Catholic University of America
- B.A. in Communication from Loyola University Maryland