- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Drinkwater conducted psychotherapy research at Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School and was active in university campus initiatives to advocate for students and help those dealing with grief and loss.
Dr. Robert Drinkwater
As your therapist, I’ll work to build a secure, empathetic, warm and collaborative environment for you. That will be the starting point for helping you to build a more balanced, intentional, and fulfilled life.
Assisting you to define and meet your goals is what I love about being a therapist. I’ll do this by guiding and supporting you to recognize and change patterns in your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are causing your distress and making you feel stuck.
I hope that my clients will learn to exist more fully in the world and, through that process, develop greater self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their abilities.Robert Drinkwater, Ph.D. Therapist DC
I love being able to establish safe, authentic and meaningful relationships with others in therapy. I have seen over and over again how that translates into lasting, positive gains and changes.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Psychotherapy at the Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the Oklahoma State University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the American University
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the Appalachian State University
- B.A. in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill